Friday, January 25, 2013

Deployments

Saying Goodbye
(My husband & son)

I've been through many small deployments, but nothing compares to the one we're facing now. Getting 10 minutes at the most talking once or 2-5 minutes saying goodnight if I'm lucky(I know some have it much worse)! Trying to fit everything going on & trying to prioritize what to talk about on the phone normally doesn't turn out as planned.. Thankfully theres email for everything I've forgotten to mention. 

I haven't had to step up and pay all the bills till now. Paying the credit card bill is about all I have to take care of after getting married these days. It's a job I've gotten more comfortable in lately even though we switched from our Credit Union to USAA right before he left. 

I guess watching my son who turns 1 February 5th is probably the hardest for me. Skyping either goes really well or terribly bad. Can't really explain anything to him at this age. I'm getting used to shipping care packages out to APO addresses! Custom forms are not as confusing after the first two. I'll post some pictures later on of the care packages I've been sending out to my husbands after he gets them... I forgot to take a picture of his Happy New Years care package and nothing really special in the box of lacrosse sticks I've sent out.
-M


No comments: