Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Neglecting my blogger!

I have been so busy these days with "staying busy" I guess I forget to check my blogger page.

After a month after my husband deployed he finally allowed me to get a Doberman Pinscher. My parents bought him as an early Birthday gift and I drove in icy conditions to adopt him from a rescue (back in February). I spent a few weeks trying to find the right fit for my family given I also own 3 Miniature Pinschers & a German Pinscher as well. My biggest concern though was my son! My son likes our dogs and he doesn't bother them much nor do they bother him. 

(My Christmas picture from 2008 with my 4 Pinschers)
(Right before I met my husband)

I am very pleased with Crixus the Doberman! He's very well behaved and adores my son trying to protect him all the time. When looking for a Doberman I decided I didn't really want to get a puppy since I've worked with the puppy stage numerous times and just didn't have that kind of time to devote to one. Crixus was a year and 3 months when I got him which was around the perfect age I wanted. He's been trained in 2 languages which I did start out using, but he responds to English more so. I can't wait for my husband to meet him, but know that process will take a few days of working with him very closely when he comes home (which is real soon)!
(Crixus out in our front yard)

Mostly by keeping busy is the normal errands, hanging out with the family, and playing Xbox to keep my sanity. I've also started a project (oddly enough didn't get the idea from pinterest) I'll post a picture of my project that I plan on hanging on the back of my house.

(My flag project I've put together and painted)
(Photo of My son Maddex & Crixus Memorial Day weekend)

I'm excited my husband's deployment is almost coming to an end soon. I have been trying to stock up on everything he needs when he gets home. I'm not 100% looking forward to the deep cleaning I need to do in the last few weeks though!! I got to start making my lists of things I need him to help me with when he gets back (Moving my son out of the nursery and into a big boy bed). Also got to make sure his ABU tops have his new MSgt rank on them as well! :) 

-Mary


No comments: